Door schedule mixed up? X13

exallspanian34

So, I'm working on this duplex, created a door schedule.... and the entry door labels are being mixed up somewhat with the doors into the garages.

Both entry doors should be D07, and both Doors into the garage should be D09.... but one of each is switched around...  one of the entry doors on the plan is called out as D09, and one of the Doors into the garage is being called out as D07... 

And, yes, if I open the doors from the plan, they are showing up correctly in the dialog box.

image.thumb.png.97bfce98f9b6f17a3088c184c3eb76db.pngimage.thumb.png.d5d22473f752f2d67a03d4e575b69c1d.png

Got your message solver... I've been using Chief for many years (since version 8)... I used to post quite a lot years ago on this forum.   But, I haven't really run into any issues that I need help with for years.   If you don't have a solution, that's fine.   I'm likely going use my SSA for assistance, as I'm guessing it's a bug.

Based on the limited information you have posted, this does not look like a bug.

Objects in schedules are grouped based only on the text information that is displayed in the schedule.  The preview image is not used for comparison.  It is just a representation of the first door found by the program.  

In your pictures above, it looks like your schedule is including the door label that includes the hinge side, "L" or "R".  Since the doors to the garage are mirrored, they do not match, as far as the schedule is concerned.

If you want those doors to be grouped together, you will have to remove the hinge side information.  If you have other doors grouped together that you don't want grouped, you will have to add some more information to the schedule that makes them different.

• Upvote 1

Not really sure what Solver told you but this is not likely a bug.  I suspect that you have not included enough columns for the doors to sort the way you are expecting.  The only sort criteria that seems to be in play with your posted schedule is "3068 R EX" or "3068 L EX" so that is what Chief uses to categorize your doors for you in your schedule.