Library Material & Elevation not syncing

creatrix

Go to solution Solved by Dermot,

• Solution

The view on the top looks like it is using the standard render technique.  The view on the bottom looks like it is using the vector view render technique.

Render views will display textures and vector views will display patterns.

It looks like your material has a texture but no pattern.  If you want it to display a pattern in vector views, you will need to add one.  You also need to make sure that the layer for patterns is turned on.  You also need to make sure that your pattern lines are not the same color as your material.

More information about materials can be found in this video series:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/playlists/170/materials-patterns-textures.html

If that doesn't help, then you should either post a plan or contact technical support for additional help.

I'm looking at what you sent and did get a pattern in there. Not sure exactly how to choose or make a pattern for a 1x2 mesh tile. I have chosen the image that I brought in to the library browser as texture but when selecting the line (grout) color, had to force quit.

Might have something to do with using a 2013 iMac that I'm keeping alive in a most complicated way!

44 minutes ago, Dermot said:

Just an FYI, the "Toggle Patterns" tool will just turn on/off the layer called "Patterns, 3D Views".

Is that a PC thing, or new to X13? Because on my end, turning off the layer called "Patterns, 3D Views" doesn't change the view, it just reverses the function of the Toggle Patterns tool. Which is really weird.

24 minutes ago, solver said:

You probably need to Rebuild 3D manually, something the Toggle Patterns tool seems to do for you.

Yeah I just hit the Toggle button and it changes. And the Toggle button does not affect the "Patterns, 3D View" Layer checkmark.