Issue with 3D rendering

NeidigDesign

Hello everyone.  I have been a long-time user of chief architect (v5).  I upgraded to version 13 and increased the memory in my computer to hopefully eliminate a line of dots across my 3d views.  I even attempted to reinstall a radeon drive and directx 12.  I am at a loss of what to do.  Can anyone help me solve this mystery?  It couldn't find this anywhere on the forum.Meixel-4.planDxDiag.txt

On 3/6/2022 at 7:33 PM, NeidigDesign said:

I even attempted to reinstall a radeon drive and directx 12

Your Drivers appear to be from 2019 , I'd suggest contacting Dell as well if still under Warranty just in case it is not a Driver Issue.

The Latest AMD 580 Drivers are here :

https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580

The only thing I can think that might cause it is the integrated graphics.  I have 8 gigs of dedicated memory out of the 32 gigs available.  I attached my file and my computer specs to the original message.  Below is what I am encountering in the 3d view.

Can someone just run a perspective view on their machine and let me know if they get the same thing?  That will tell me if it is the model or the computer/software.  Thanks.

Capture.PNG

4 hours ago, NeidigDesign said:

The only thing I can think that might cause it is the integrated graphics.  I have 8 gigs of dedicated memory out of the 32 gigs available.  I attached my file and my computer specs to the original message.  Below is what I am encountering in the 3d view.

Can someone just run a perspective view on their machine and let me know if they get the same thing?  That will tell me if it is the model or the computer/software.  Thanks.

Capture.PNG

You should be using the Radeon not Integrated iGPU unless you are using a computer with the RX 580 soldered into it?

No Weird "Dots" here , but perhaps this is an old Intel iGPU problem I have seen before ?  

Check in Preferences > Render>Video Status and see what Chief is Using....

image.thumb.png.81bdc3beacb4f5dcaf988f659c59e375.png