Multiple Users / Single Document

FlynDad

HD PRO users can benefit from following Chief Talk 

since PRO has many of the manual tools that Premier has

be aware that some solutions won't apply to PRO

best to note in any queries that you are using PRO

for HD products to edit a Premier file there is a setting in Premier to allow that

but the versions have to be compatible

I believe there is a chart on CA's website

Lew

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, lbuttery said:

Hmmm, apparently two people don't like my advice about PRO users following the Chieftalk forum

Too damn bad

I will continue to offer this advice

Lew

Yeah Lew no staving off the children with their down votes, which should earn this post at least one. I also agree that HD PRO user can benefit from information on this forum as long as they understand someone will tell them to post some where else.

As far as the OP, the question seems more like a Windows file management question that a Chief (no matter the product) issue. I'm not ware of any Chief file management solution for the OP.

• Downvote 1

On 3/6/2022 at 7:56 AM, FlynDad said:

Is there any way to create or "tell" Home Designer Pro that a particular save is a Master that would then allow it to be updated with changes? 

No, you have to have only One Person work on the file at a Time and pass it back and forwards....... this is true even for Chief Premier.

M.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, HumbleChief said:

Yeah Lew no staving off the children with their down votes, which should earn this post at least one. I also agree that HD PRO user can benefit from information on this forum as long as they understand someone will tell them to post some where else.

As far as the OP, the question seems more like a Windows file management question that a Chief (no matter the product) issue. I'm not ware of any Chief file management solution for the OP.

There ya go children... the much coveted down vote...

• Upvote 1