Disappearing Gable And Floor

gatsr2

Go to solution Solved by Dermot,

I am trying do design a new house with 2 floors a cathedral ceiling, a balcony overlooking a great room.post-3822-0-41127700-1420579712_thumb.png

When I go to the second floor and click no ceiling in this room the gable end disappears.  Also when I draw my railings and click in the space I want open and uncheck Floor under this room everything disappears.  It is like I am looking right outside.  

I have watched the online videos and looked everywhere for the answer with no luck.  I should mention I am using Home Designer Pro 2015.

Thank You

This site is for Premier so help may be limited.  I suggest you go to first floor and click no ceiling if there is a room exactly under the area you want to be  cathedral.

Do not check no floor under this room for the 2nd floor.  Posting to HD pro site may be better for you as most here do not know the limitations in your version versus what we use.

are you calling this a balcony or open below, you get different effects a balcony is for the outside of the house even though they are called that also for the interior but chief balcony is outside maybe that is why you are getting this change it to open below and see what happens