Siding not going to foundation on a couple of walls?

Larry_Sweeney

I was in the process of making some renderings for a client on a design remodel project when I noticed a couple of walls with the siding not going to the foundation. Earlier in the project they were fine. It's only on two exterior walls of many. I've compared the problem walls with ones that are correct and I can't find the problem or the "cure". The problem walls show the rim joist and sills. Just not the siding going to the foundation. On the other side of the house the problem wall is divided up with three different rooms and the end room's exterior wall going away from the corner is acting as it should (WALL2 attachment). This, I think, is telling me it's not somehow a "room problem". I'm sure this subject has been brought up before, but I can't find the thread with a search (as of yet). I'm not adding the plan at this time because it's very large, so I'm hoping it's something simple I'm overlooking. As always, all help is much appreciated.

SECTION 1.jpg

WALL1.jpg

WALL2.jpg

Hi Larry,

Do you see any invisible walls? In the last image it looks like an exterior door going out to a possible deck? Has a room been created where the deck would be?

It looks like a deck to wall intersection.

Just a guess.

To All........................I ended up going back to an earlier version of the project where the walls showed correctly and copied the two "problem" walls forward to my final version and they show as they should. I still am not sure what the problem is/was (something with the walls themselves), but due to my time restraints I had to move on. If at some point in the near future the problem shows up on this plan or another I'll post the plan. Problems like this can be so frustrating and time consuming at times. Thanks to all for your advice and taking your time to help me out. Have a great day.

One way quick way to track down the difference between multiple objects is to group select the objects and open the dbx.

Any settings that are the same will have a tick in the button.

Any settings that are different will have a horizontal bar in the button.

So, in this case, copy the wall from the old plan and paste into the new plan.

Select the old wall along with a new wall and open the dbx.

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 9.48.32 am.jpg

• Upvote 1