Random question......

winterdd

Just curious.......I now have the 3080 video card and the PBR's are insanely clean and realistic. I have noticed if I keep the rendering open for a bit, the computer starts roaring like a NASA rocket ship ready to take off. It stops when I close the rendering. Is there a lot going on with the video card when that happens?

2 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

I figured it was the cooling fans. It doesn't surprise me. Thanks guys.

Rob, make sure that Cap Live Samples is checked. You can uncheck it for final views, or whenever you want a higher quality image.

image.thumb.png.5f5fa6597c9a65d69c1354161f1ec155.png

• Upvote 1

From the documentation that pops up when click on that dialog button called "Help":

Global Illumination

• When Use Ray Tracing is active and checked, multiple samples of indirect lighting in the scene are created, improving the lighting quality with each sample. This setting and those below it will not be active if real-time GPU Ray Tracing is not supported on the system. See GPU Ray Tracing.
  • When Refraction is active and checked, light will bend when passing through a Transparent material.
  • Specify the Maximum Export Samples, which is how many samples to run for a view that you wish to export as a picture or send to layout.
  • When Cap Live Samples is unchecked, a GPU Ray Traced view will run samples indefinitely. Check this box to instead stop running samples when the Maximum Export Samples value is reached.
  • Specify the Daytime Background Intensity, which is the brightness of the view's background color or backdrop image when the Sunlight is toggled on. See Backdrop Panel.
  • Specify the Nighttime Background Intensity, which is the background brightness when the Sunlight is toggled off. See Generic Sunlight.

15 hours ago, DRAWZILLA said:

You could try to run with the cover off to see if it's getting enough air, if it's getting too hot.

Can't remember the last time a computer I built

had the cover put on it. BTW, having the cover 

off doesn't always result in cooler operation. ;) 

IMG_2260.thumb.JPG.4ec4946efa176613066f70c3b2141a4e.JPG

5 hours ago, Rich_Winsor said:

having the cover 

off doesn't always result in cooler operation

Im thinking mine would look like that after a couple of days with these 3 hairy dogs always around, but that EVGA Chopped linked was cool.

22 hours ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

..I now have the 3080 video card and the PBR's are insanely clean and realistic

Hey Rob, you liking that new Alien?  I didn't buy one last year because delivery was way out there and I thought we would have been while I was out of town... 

2 hours ago, mtldesigns said:

Im thinking mine would look like that after a couple of days with these 3 hairy dogs always around, but that EVGA Chopped linked was cool.

Hey Rob, you liking that new Alien?  I didn't buy one last year because delivery was way out there and I thought we would have been while I was out of town... 

Besides the crashes in CA I am loving it.