Blurry Colored Background When Sending to Layout Using Plot Lines?

plannedRITE

Occasionally when sending an elevation view to a layout using plot lines and color fill the colored portion becomes blurry and offset. I have seen a few other complaints on the forum regarding this issue but with no concrete solution. I did see recommendations related to items in the distance that may make the view very large but I don't have that issue here. I've tried new elevation views but with the same issue. It shows on the layout view in Chief and the PDF it spits out.

I have this happen every couple of projects that I work on, it's not every project but it's a bit annoying. I usually just forego color but I do want color on this tiny ramada project that I'm doing. Has anyone found a fix for this? I'll attach the plan (drive link) that I'm referencing. I've sent the elevation to new layouts and the issue persists.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YYNsWuGkt9oSVmAMzVCqm1kYi1Du0ydp/view?usp=sharing

image.thumb.png.89a0cbd69634f30722a9c72c83196f4a.png

On 2/22/2022 at 12:29 PM, Kbird1 said:

The Known Issue is apparently related to having very large Terrain Perimeter's turn on in Elevation, no sure if that maybe your scenario?

but usually that shows as some of the color shifting sideways rather than being blurry.

M.

It's definitely an odd issue. I just tried turning off all terrain features, perimeter, etc. that make the elevation much wider on another plan that has the same issue but it still has the color shifted to the side and a bit blurry. Even after sending a new elevation it's still bad. I can't figure it out.

image.png

Try just sending this much to layout.  I think even the fence is too much for Chief to handle properly with the current problem.

image.thumb.png.bc26c5253628c92a94ce59070e898a23.png

It is not just the terrain that causes the issue it is strictly the width of the plan in cross section.