Floor Number reported in Schedule, change to Text instead?

Chrisb222

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

When I specify a "Floor" column in a schedule, the number of the floor is reported i.e. 0, 1, 2. I'd like to instead display "Main" "second" or "lower" etc

Right now I'm using Object Information fields but it's kind of a pain and looking for a more automated approach, hopefully a simple setting I'm overlooking.

Thanks!

• Solution

@Chrisb222, there are no simple settings, especially since words like "Main" and "lower" are obviously subjective.  I would suggest a simple text macro. One of these placed directly into an Object Information Field should do the trick:

Using to_s and string.sub

%floor_number.to_s.sub("0", "Lower").sub("1", "Main").sub("2", "Second").sub("3", "Third")%  

OR using hash[key]

%{0 => "Lower", 1 => "Main", 2 => "Second"}[floor_number]%

OR using array[index]

%["Lower", "Main", "Second"][floor_number]%

Side Note:  Are you still on X12 like your signature says?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

should do the trick:

Yep, works great thank you!

8 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Side Note:  Are you still on X12 like your signature says?

Yes. And I'm bummed because I'd love to use the new features, some of which I have requested. But when X13 first came out there was uncertainty if it would run on the new Mac M1 architecture (which I do not use yet). That combined with the fact Macs can't take advantage of RTRT caused me to hold off making the jump early in the release.... then I just got too busy to really even think about it. I'm getting ready to move my office and upgrade hardware, but honestly because of rendering not being fully implemented on the Mac I've been considering going with a PC. Then I've been watching the internal rendering error crash thread that PC users are experiencing and it gets confusing. I'm always paid up because I use 3D Model Viewer but at this point I think I'll just wait for X14 to come out instead of updating my templates this late in the year.

You probably weren't looking for all that info but... yes I am still on X12 :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I still don't have a GPU that supports RTRT but IMO X13 is still completely worth it.  

I know. That's not the only reason I haven't switched. Like I said I've already paid for 13 and 14, but I kinda missed the boat on 13, doesn't make sense to build templates for it now with 14 in the pipe.

Thanks again

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I still don't have a GPU that supports RTRT but IMO X13 is still completely worth it.  

I use an older Mac and other than not being able to use the new RTRT which is a new feature so something I don't even know what I am missing really.  And I 100% agree that the improvements in x13 are 100% worth it.  X13 has been an extremely stable release on my machines.

• Like 1