how to build a CA model which will blank the air above the ground in Google Earth

SH_Canada

I have a building built in CA, but GE will only remove the things that lie in the building. I tried creating four walls which are invisible with no roof in hope CA would create a cube of nothing to show that beside the building all of the existing tress will be removed by the excavation. but it did not work

Anyone know how to build a transparent building in CA which will be considered in GE as occupying the space?

Or some other means? my leaveless tree is on the bottom left, there are 3 others across the bottom right, but GE keeps the old "bushy" trees there so you cannot even see my trees

image.thumb.png.77737425b3e309e70cb4bb514f6773a8.png

i think you are right. if I move the building east to be over the trees, you can now see them in the window growing through the floors.

hmm thats not good, I think then the answer to my question will be "no" it is not possible. so what do people do for "actual" 3d neighborhood model. Do they just take photos or screenshots at specific angles and do a lot of photoshopping? paint every pixel?

no wonder the 12 story building in the other thread was quoted at 1.5M to render, maybe that is what they do!

image.thumb.png.5e241eb975e5a93b033d44e277ef9628.png

6 minutes ago, SH_Canada said:

hmm thats not good, I think then the answer to my question will be "no" it is not possible. so what do people do for "actual" 3d neighborhood model. Do they just take photos or screenshots at specific angles and do a lot of photoshopping? paint every pixel?

I would love to hear a better answer but I think you might be right.  Very difficult to illustrate a lot that is not at least partially prepped for the build.