How do you change the overhead object priority?

bdillard1

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

Hello,

I notice sometimes from a top down representation, an item may appear to be above another while they are not in the 3D view.   E.g. in this hogwart dining hall it appears these chairs are hovering over the table, but in the 3D everything seems correct.

image.thumb.png.23de2dcfbc182849b0e468444ec551e0.pngimage.thumb.png.65a27b0aebde21259058f4c0dd32bef0.png

Just now, bdillard1 said:

Thanks  - this is probably what you said.

I click on the object - 

then in the bottom click here

image.thumb.png.06bf65b7b1d5742547f3614024ac5422.png

Then clicked on this

image.png.8d158bdee02dcdd3da22fedaeba58755.png

That will work, but it might also come back to bite you.  I would recommend you study what all those tools do.  In particular, you just sent the object to the very back drawing group.  Now if you place a rug underneath that table, it's going to cover your chairs.  I would suggest more refinement in how you sort things in the draw order.  Instead of clicking the Send to Back tool, consider clicking the Send Backward tool just to get it so that its either at the back if its current Drawing Group or so that it's just one group back. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, bdillard1 said:

Thanks - I'll be honest, I don't know where the layer tab is or what it looks like.   I found an icon for the active layer display options in the top right if that is it?

image.png.93e4b3e28d8b83fa6f6b6d375d60e0f7.png

That is our beloved ALDO (Active Layer Display Options) box.  Keep him open and watch him whenever you click on something, or when you can't click on something, or when you cant see something, or when you don't want to see something...

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Dermot said:

This was very helpful thanks!   I love the videos but sometimes it is like taking the SATs again for me to find the right search term - fragrance is to perfume as draw order is to priority...  Once I find the video or someone points out the best one, they are fantastic!