SPREADSHEETS VS SCHEDULES

mkennedy2000

I recently was doing a commercial job and needed lots of schedules. It felt as though a spreadsheet was much faster to build than a modified schedule with renamed inputs to create the desired columns. Is there a way to create symbols with the attributes I want? That would coincide with the columns headings in the scheule? And then how I would a sum rows and columns, multiply summed results for load demands and so on? Just seems like a spreadhseet tool would be an obvious addition? Or is there a way to dynamically link a spreadsheet to display in plan ot lout but stay live and reflect updates without doing a copy paste?

Lots of information there but I think maybe some examples of WHAT you are trying to accomplish and what types of symbols etc you need would help get an answer.  There is lots of capabilities in the existing schedules (especially the notes schedules.)

EQUIPMENT SCHEDULE
MARK ITEM COMMENT MANU. MODEL GAS - BTUH ELECTRICAL WEIGHT, LBS
EQ-1 BURNER HOT LIQUOR AND FERMENTER WARD BURNERS BURN3BBL-PRO 200,000    
EQ-1 HOT LIQUOR TANK            
EQ-1 SIDEWALL VENT HOT LIQUOR AND FERMENTER TJERNLUND HS1   120VAC-2 AMP  
EQ-2 BURNER HOT LIQUOR AND FERMENTER WARD BURNERS BURN3BBL-PRO 200,000    
EQ-2 FERMENTER TANK            
EQ-2 SIDEWALL VENT HOT LIQUOR AND FERMENTER TJERNLUND HS1   120VAC-2 AMP  
EQ-3 CHILLER PLATES   THERMALINE T4      
EQ-3 BRITE TANK            
EQ-3.1 CHILLER COMPRESSOR   G&D CHILLERS GD-3   240VAC-30AMP 1200
EQ-4 CONTROL PANEL   BREWMATION BASIC   120VAC-20AMP  
EQ-5 TYPE 2 HOOD VENTILATOR 720 SQ FT*.7=500 CFM (MIN) HOOD MART 5DVP6 36D-ECA 120VAC-3AMP 76
EQ-5 TYPE 2 HOOD 4'X10', STAINLESS          
EQ-6 WALK IN COMPRESSOR         240VAC-30AMP 350
EQ-7 TANKLESS WATER HEATER BUILT IN RECIRC RHEEM PERFORMANCE PLATINUM 199,000 120VAC-1AMP  
EQ-8 EXISTING ROOFTOP HEATER TYICAL OF 2     50*2=100,000    
EQ-9 NEW ROOFTOP HRV   FANTECH SHR450   120VAC-4AMP 146

I didnt quickly find a way to add new column headings using the schedule tool. I didn't find a way to do things like an electrical load calc or a plumbing fixture load calc. Spreadsheets are so fast and easy, a spread sheet version of the custom schedule might be a really useful feature. As opposed to using macros and behind the scenes stuff.

1 minute ago, mkennedy2000 said:

I didnt quickly find a way to add new column headings using the schedule tool. I didn't find a way to do things like an electrical load calc or a plumbing fixture load calc. Spreadsheets are so fast and easy, a spread sheet version of the custom schedule might be a really useful feature. As opposed to using macros and behind the scenes stuff.

True but we are not quite there yet.  You can link a spread sheet but is still quite awkward and not quite live.  You might be surprised how much can be done with macros.  If you have something that you do all the time it is worth automating it to reduce the chances of human error and speed up production but it can be a bit of an initial investment if it is something complex.