Area Schedule

SBailey82

If they give us an OIP panel for rooms in X14 you will be able to do it with a regular room schedule and I don't have the answer for that yet.

Otherwise you will need to learn some rather complex ruby programming knowledge or hire someone that does.

If you need it today look up the info and create a text box schedule.

11 minutes ago, joey_martin said:

Use the CUSTOM SCHEDULE tool. Create one for the conditioned spaces and one for the unconditioned spaces. Save them in a CAD detail in your template plan and you only have to do it once and will calculate those for you automatically from then on.

How are you doing that without access to the conditioned space information ?

Pretty sure Rob's method would work but we should not be forced to dip that low. And chief will have difficulty totaling material names.;)

12 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

How are you doing that without access to the conditioned space information ?

Not sure what you mean. The conditioned schedule includes all the "living spaces" and the unconditioned schedule includes spaces like garages, unfinished basement storage, etc..

1 minute ago, joey_martin said:

Not sure what you mean. The conditioned schedule includes all the "living spaces" and the unconditioned schedule includes spaces like garages, unfinished basement storage, etc..

I am just not sure what you are calculating or how you are calculating it.  It sort of sounds like you are just creating two lists of rooms using note schedules,  but I am a little confused as to the value of that ?  It seems if that is what you are doing if would be more beneficial to just include conditioned or unconditioned in the room label.

I envisioned that OP wanting a schedule that listed all the room names and gave an area for conditioned or unconditioned and then tallied them.