Purchase an older copy

Catch22

Hello,   looking to buy an older copy of CA for Mac 

I draw professionally and currently use Autocad but eventually I'd like to make the switch. A few years ago I upgraded my computers and made sure they were compatible with x12 which at the time was the newest version available.  They've since come out with x13 and my computers are not compatible.   The main goal is to learn chief at my own pace and in the evening and weekends.  I've downloaded the free trial several times but 30 days isn't enough for me to feel comfortable and proficient in making the switch 100% to CA.    On FB several post reference buying x12 or older off Ebay and the only one I found sold both x10 and X13 separtely as download only, no key, and the price is $40 ea which total seems like a scam.   So another FB post recommended trying here for an older copy from a legit seller.  Once I have an older program that I can dig into and get the skills I need I'll upgrade the hardware and buy the current CA.   

Thanks

Matthew 

A used copy of Chief for $40 is either a scam or an illegal license.  Either way, it might not work very well and you won't ever be able to upgrade it or get any technical support for it.  

Your best option for buying a used version of Chief Architect would be through the Offering Services section of the Chieftalk forum:

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/forum/16-offering-services/

You should verify that the license is transferable and please be aware that there is a transfer fee that can vary depending on the type of license.  Some more info can be found here:

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/33430-buying-used-license-on-chieftalk/

I would also encourage you to contact our sales team during our normal business hours and they can help go over some of your other options.

Rob is so right!   Demot, I have owned CA for a while now and can download older versions if I need to use them for any reason (I haven't found one yet, but I can imagine doing work for someone else that has an older version and wants it maintained in that version).  If you buy a new license, will CA let you download and use an older version that predates your first use of the product?