Done a 12-floor project?

GeneDavis

My neighbor is a realtor working with a developer doing a 12-floor condo building, which has underground parking (ramp complexities), boat slips, the street level all commercial, a level of parking above that, and 8 levels of condo flats above all that.

I know Chief can do 12 floors, but is it a stretch with all the ramping for the 3 parking levels?

What the have is paper prints and their .pdf files for the whole thing, but the designer that did it all (likely ACAD) is dead, and they need it all recreated live again so ad to be able to revise as needed for clients.

Somebody quoted them 1.5 million fee for the work.

You JUST made my day. I am always telling my wife about things like this and that ONE huge job that could come along and put serious money in the bank for me. She thinks I'm crazy, lol. I told her the other day how cool it would be to have a celebrity contact me to do their mansion or something. The thing is when it comes to those type of jobs, I am willing to bet a licensed architect would be the man who would hired over a designer.

I have done multiple floor levels using Chief with metal framing and it worked out well for the most part, with a few exceptions.

CAD Block Management in Chief was buggy, which made reusing text items very difficult.  ACAD or a similar more fully developed program in this area would be very helpful.

Chief's Solid Modeling tools have improved somewhat over time, but a program such as Revit would be much better suited to the concrete portions of the project for many reasons.  ACAD or Revit have much better file compatibility when exchanging files with design professionals.