Reducing attic wall height and increasing foundation height above grade

felixfl

Hello again,

I just started using CA. Hence, a basic problem I wanted to get resolved. many thanks in advance for helping.

In picture 1: 'reducing wall height'. In my existing home, I have first, second and, an attic with highest room height of 86 inch in the middle of the attic; attic then slopes off. I drew a third floor and added roof, I had to do it to give space in the attic. How can I reduce the height of the third floor wall to let us say 2 feet on the gable wall.side? In the picture I want to join the two structure which will represent the true height of the attic.

Issue 2: How do I exclude the materials for the old home? currently, it gives me material list as it is a new construction, is there a feature that I can highlight and mention not to be included in the material list?

After writing this, I was able to solve the picture 2 problem. so I am good with the foundation height issue.

In picture 2: My old home has a basement and I am not planning a basement in the addition. the old house has floor starting 4 ft. from grade due to basement, and new addition will start from 8 inch above grade. I am unable to increase the height of the stemwall that would represent the basement wall in the old house. I do not have to show a basement and add complication to the drawing; is there a way for me to show the floor to start at 4 ft above the grade while leaving the new addition floor at 8 inch above.

I have been trying for a long time, so finally gave up and thought of asking. Many thanks once again for helping out.

Felix

reducing wall heigt.jpg

Foundation.jpg

1 hour ago, felixfl said:

Issue 2: How do I exclude the materials for the old home? currently, it gives me material list as it is a new construction, is there a feature that I can highlight and mention not to be included in the material list?

There is a material list polyline where you draw a box around where you want the materials to come from

1 hour ago, felixfl said:

In picture 2: My old home has a basement and I am not planning a basement in the addition. the old house has floor starting 4 ft. from grade due to basement, and new addition will start from 8 inch above grade. I am unable to increase the height of the stemwall that would represent the basement wall in the old house. I do not have to show a basement and add complication to the drawing; is there a way for me to show the floor to start at 4 ft above the grade while leaving the new addition floor at 8 inch above.

you need to change the absolute elevations of the rooms you want to start at a different elevation

in the room dbx

if you are trying to do something like this:

image.thumb.png.c7074015fc90acc96fc3cc7ac89c73f9.png