How do I remove terrain running through the basement below a patio?

BlueHandle

Go to solution Solved by Mark3D,

If I have a basement and the floor above it has rails instead of walls (doesn't seem to matter what I mark the room as), for some reason CA will render the terrain below that room through the basement.

This is fairly simple to reproduce. Just draw two rooms on a steep elevation, auto-build a basement foundation, and change one rooms' walls to rails instead. Picture of effect and sample plan attached.

I've tried just drop a elevation reason below the floor but CA doesn't see basement walls as terrain retaining (even if you mark them as such), so if you do that it messes up the rest of the terrain outside the walls.

Any idea how to fix this?

Basement Terrain.png

Basement Terrain Plan.zip

1 hour ago, DavidJPotter said:

You create a terrain feature where you wish to remove the terrain, then once created you check the radio button in the dialog of the terrain feature to be a "Hole In Terrain", then that object, so programmed removes the unwanted terrain.

DJP

OR

5 hours ago, Mark3D said:

Try the terrain hole tool

There is a dedicated terrain hole that automatically creates a hole where the building interacts with the terrain when you select the terrain it shows up in the edit bar.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Greg_NY61 said:

Go to Terrain spec window and put a check mark Hide terrain...

2131309036_Capture7.thumb.JPG.fac3ca97f2088d7ece8561db75c98a7a.JPG

The only problem with this setting which should work as well as long as your rooms have definition is under decks the terrain will also be hidden.