No reflections in PBR

stevesakiwi

I have a need to prepare a Presentation document for a client.

Since using PBR, I have never had reflections in the exterior glass even though 'Reflections' is ticked in the PBR camera settings.

Refer attached.....plant & furniture are close to sliding door, but no reflections.

What other settings are required?

Also, the siding above the sliding door....is there an option to give the siding a more of a 3D profile?....looks very flat.

Thanks in advance.....Steve

Screenshot (241).png

2 minutes ago, stevesakiwi said:

If 'reflections' are not possible, what are the best settings for outdoor PBR?

I have been using settings similar to what Scott from CA presented earlier last year.

Reflections are possible, it's a matter of material definition and lighting. The reflections ares improved if using Real Time Raytracing.

Can you post a plan file?

2 hours ago, stevesakiwi said:

Thanks Rob for getting back.

Please see attached the properties I have for CA's 'standard glass'....using the rainbow tool.

I have played around with the settings...but no reflections at all.

Cheers, Steve

Screenshot (242).png

First off, you have your roughness set to 100%? whereas 0 would be "shiny"
but moreover, change your material class to Transparent

3 hours ago, stevesakiwi said:

Awesome....I now have reflections.

Many thanks for your help....Steve

Replacing the Glass Standard material from the library would also do it I think

image.thumb.png.046d7e36716c50190ee4fce9d7973a55.png

the Siding looks "flat" cos it is :)  it just a 2D image, ( with fake shadows at the lap ) but playing with the bump map and turning down the Sun intensity blazing on that Wall may help too.

Mick.

Thanks Mick,

Have adjusted backdrop intensity from 100 to 500 & changed cladding to Dutchlap which helps a little.

BUT....where do I source a bump map for this siding as nothing is showing up in Bump map?...it's blank....see attached

Screenshot (244).png

7 minutes ago, stevesakiwi said:

Thanks Mick,

Have adjusted backdrop intensity from 100 to 500 & changed cladding to Dutchlap which helps a little.

BUT....where do I source a bump map for this siding as nothing is showing up in Bump map?...it's blank....see attached

Screenshot (244).png

Oh...sorry the "cheap trick" is to just assign the same texture as above ( copy and paste down ) , and then play with the values....

M.