Header framing for CS-PF

BillsburgChief

Go to solution Solved by Joe_Carrick,

• Solution

You will need to edit the "Wall Detail".  I do that for Garage Door Openings using Simpson StrongWall.  Personally, I might also include that pdf in the Layout.

Chief is not going to do everything exactly as you want - or per code.  We have to use our talents to do that when Chief isn't quite up to the task.

• Like 1

So I add that as a detail first, then I have to manually drag a sized beam from wall corner to corner.  Since I haven't fully mastered the material list, I will annotate the size to order.  I don't find value in trying to get chief to do things 100% exactly like I would frame.......it can do it.....but I haven't found it intuitive like that.

Yeah, I include the detail w/ my plans and I include the headers in my schedules, but when there is a portal frame needed I will just mask over the header in the schedule w/ text and the proper length needed... I was hoping someone had a better get around though.

55 minutes ago, BillsburgChief said:

Yeah, I include the detail w/ my plans and I include the headers in my schedules, but when there is a portal frame needed I will just mask over the header in the schedule w/ text and the proper length needed... I was hoping someone had a better get around though.

Manually change it in the wall framing and it will report correctly to your schedule.

Can a custom modified wall or roof be "locked" so that building new doesn't delete the pre-existing?  I have that happen with decks a lot.  My current work flow, is to get close to done, then manually tweak the things that I want custom - then print and hope for NO CHANGES

2 minutes ago, para-CAD said:

Can a custom modified wall or roof be "locked" so that building new doesn't delete the pre-existing?  I have that happen with decks a lot.  My current work flow, is to get close to done, then manually tweak the things that I want custom - then print and hope for NO CHANGES

Open the deck structure panel as well as the wall structure panel and have a look.