Insect screens for windows and doors in Home Designer Pro

Sharon65

Go to solution Solved by DavidJPotter,

Hi,

I hope I'm posting in the correct forum:  please let me know if I'm not.

I'm wondering if there is a way to add insect screens to windows and doors.  If there currently isn't a way, is it worth me asking the developers if they might consider adding insect screens to the window/door specifications (much like currently exists for shutters and window treatments)?  What would be the best way to ask the developers (e.g. through this forum)?

I hope someone is able to help.  Thanks.

Warmest regards,

Sharon

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/forum/5-qa/

Is the forum specific to Home Designer Pro and the Home Designer suite of programs.  It's usually best to post over there as this is designed for the Chief Architect suite of products such as Premier and Interiors pro versions.

Many items are similar as it's the same company and design team but there are many here who are not familiar with what tools HDP does and does not have.

As far as screens I don't believe they are available to do on their own.  I also don't think it will be a high priority for the developers but you never know.  Within each forum there is a suggestion section where you can place the suggestion there.  There are definitely ways you can fake a screen in the windows but that would be best from an expert in your software to describe.

Thanks Ryan and David.  Your replies were much appreciated.  David, thanks so much for the novel solution to the question:  I would NEVER have thought to use the soffit tool to create screens!  Ryan, I have now found the Home Designer Pro forum and saved it as a favourite for ease of reference in future (and to ensure that I use the correct forum for questions).

Thanks again to you both for your replies.

Warmest regards,

Sharon

• 2 years later...