Macro

Bob-Roraback

You could fairly easily include that with your window label as that info is entered and stored with the window but possibly the framers would not look at that in the right sequence.  

Do you show wall details or studs and headers in plan views ?

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

if a>=(input your length)

a="4x King Stud Ea. Side"

else

a="2x King Stud Ea. Side"

end

If you wanted to go that route. Headers have their own labels and know their length so it might make more sense to look at that option.

I actually have a macro that does that for Jack Studs.  King Studs would be fairly easy to add.

However, you must note that the code rules (table) for King Studs is limited to walls that are less than 10'.  Anything more than that would require engineering calculations for wind loading.

• Upvote 1

On 2/6/2022 at 7:43 PM, Joe_Carrick said:

I actually have a macro that does that for Jack Studs.  King Studs would be fairly easy to add.

However, you must note that the code rules (table) for King Studs is limited to walls that are less than 10'.  Anything more than that would require engineering calculations for wind loading.

Plus one for Joe's macro.  Joe wrote this macro for me and it works great.  I show the headers in my window schedules.  Adding king studs would be a great addition!