Legal-Size Layout

HarrisReno

I feel pretty stupid for asking this, because I would think this is something obvious. I have Googled and watched videos, but I can't find the solution I need. I want my layout to be legal-size (8.5"H x 14"W). This is the largest size most of my clients can print, so I must accommodate. When I create a new layout, I select File/Print/Drawing Sheet Setup. I change the size to legal. I'm attaching a screenshot of what I get (let me know if I should attach the file). The pertinent, preset lines and fields do not adjust to the new page size. Am I daydreaming to think that this is possible?

LegalLayout.jpg

You can create layout sets similar to saved plan views. I work for 5 different contractors/firms each one has a layout set dedicated to them and there jurisdictions. Associated layers with each one. I have also created them in 3 different page sizes. When you switch between them all you have to do is change page size. Takes a bit of work up front. I dont have to wash rinse repeat everytime i have a new project with different clients. Also allows me to keep a template layout that pretty much covers everyone

i set my layout to 24 x 36 (Arch C) with a 1" border all around thus giving 22 x 34

then if a client or trade needed smaller the PDF could be printed at 50% to give 11 x 17 - tabloid size

which I believe is just as easy to print as legal 

most home printers can do 11 x 17

Lew

57 minutes ago, Doug_N said:

Brother Printer https://www.brother.ca/en/p/MFCJ6945DW

This does it all.  Two trays (I load them 8 1/2 x 11 and 11 x 17.  Prints both sizes flawlessly, scans up to 11 x 17 in colour and isn't all that bad on ink.  Had mine for a year now with no problems at all.

I also have this printer and use it for all my printing needs…WI-FI enabled works like a charm and print quality is excellent…as Doug said…not too hard on ink…two years on mine

Regards