Floor Platform Interference

Jones_Drafting

You need to get over any notions you may have on "Perfect" as a standard for what you produce using Chief Architect. It often produces in competent hands quite acceptable outcomes and products but "Perfection" is most often manually achieved using the "Edit Layout Lines" tool, Photo shop  etc. Such questions as "why does it do that ..." are best pointed at Tech Support or Chief's software Architects-Engineers and not to users who specialize in just getting it done.

DJP

• Downvote 3

13 hours ago, rgardner said:

I think you need to give a little more info.  My best guess is possibly ceiling heights do not match what the walls are at?  Any manual manipulation of the walls? Is the default wall height top and bottom selected?

Thanks Ryan,

I might try recreating the walls in question...yes there's been a little manual manipulation of the walls...that may have caused it.

Thanks for your time.

4 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

You need to get over any notions you may have on "Perfect" as a standard for what you produce using Chief Architect. It often produces in competent hands quite acceptable outcomes and products but "Perfection" is most often manually achieved using the "Edit Layout Lines" tool, Photo shop  etc. Such questions as "why does it do that ..." are best pointed at Tech Support or Chief's software Architects-Engineers and not to users who specialize in just getting it done.

DJP

Thank you, David,

It is amazing how far Chief has come, since I began using it (v6). My proficiency has increased along with it, so with the two, I'm happy with the capabilities.

As Chief offers such a great opportunity to walk thru with clients, I have many times used "the rectangular polyline option", but it doesn't always work when there are 3 dimensional objects which I'm trying to hide for walkthru.

With all the experience available on this forum, I just thought that maybe someone had run into this and discovered the solution. I think Ryan's idea regarding the manual manipulation culprit, might be very valid.

I sincerely appreciate the many times I have called and had opportunity to pick the brain of the technical support crew.

Thanks for your input!

Cris