Braced Wall Panels - Anchor Bolt Washers

The IRC R602.11.1 requires 3"x3"x1/4" square washers in addition to the standard washers for anchor bolts with "Braced Wall Lines" in Seismic zones "D"

This seems to be a new requirement in the 2019 IRC.  Actually, I'm using the CRC (California Version of the IRC).

Has anyone found an exception to this code requirement?  

7 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

That one has been around for a while now and I have changed my details way back. I don't know of any exceptions.

Thanks Perry.  I'm pretty sure it could be circumvented by structural calcs - but not worth the time.

Do you know of any sources for such square washers?  I haven't been able to find them in HD or Lowes.

20 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Thanks Perry.  I'm pretty sure it could be circumvented by structural calcs - but not worth the time.

Do you know of any sources for such square washers?  I haven't been able to find them in HD or Lowes.

i know my guys get them from a lumber company and order with windows and doors

On 2/5/2022 at 1:55 PM, Joe_Carrick said:

The IRC R602.11.1 requires 3"x3"x1/4" square washers in addition to the standard washers for anchor bolts with "Braced Wall Lines" in Seismic zones "D"

This seems to be a new requirement in the 2019 IRC.  Actually, I'm using the CRC (California Version of the IRC).

Has anyone found an exception to this code requirement?  

Check into "Simplified Wall Bracing" in the 2020 Code.