Wall & floor platform intersection

djhplanning

I'm having trouble finding a setting to control how my exterior wall is placing itself to the sill plate vs. sitting on top of the subfloor.  Something changed on my template file that I use.  The floor system is inset from the exterior wall.  I've tried looking through both wall, floor and framing system settings and can't seam to find the correct setting.  1587134832_ScreenShot2022-02-04at10_53_03AM.thumb.png.6d6ac2dd9a5fe4fa3bead15952ac1e23.png

I did check the build foundation settings.  The only thing I found that may have influence was foundation wall defaults, platform intersections both set to automatic, and doesn't seam to change if set otherwise.  This is when the problem happens though, when adding the foundation.

19 hours ago, djhplanning said:

I did check the build foundation settings.  The only thing I found that may have influence was foundation wall defaults, platform intersections both set to automatic, and doesn't seam to change if set otherwise.  This is when the problem happens though, when adding the foundation.

You need to post the plan so someone can review the settings within that plan file. Is that something you can do?

On 2/4/2022 at 11:54 AM, djhplanning said:

I'm having trouble finding a setting to control how my exterior wall is placing itself to the sill plate vs. sitting on top of the subfloor.  Something changed on my template file that I use.  The floor system is inset from the exterior wall.  I've tried looking through both wall, floor and framing system settings and can't seam to find the correct setting.  1587134832_ScreenShot2022-02-04at10_53_03AM.thumb.png.6d6ac2dd9a5fe4fa3bead15952ac1e23.png

Dan - quite a simple issue. Watch the video....it's the little things in Chief that can drive you crazy

Dan Heid - Floor Framing Issue (Wall Definition Problem) - Watch Video

dd43ff99a226459891a635898ea46cba-with-play.gif

• Upvote 2

On 2/7/2022 at 8:52 PM, SNestor said:

Dan - quite a simple issue. Watch the video....it's the little things in Chief that can drive you crazy

Dan Heid - Floor Framing Issue (Wall Definition Problem) - Watch Video

dd43ff99a226459891a635898ea46cba-with-play.gif

Thank you Steve Nester!  This seams to have taken care of the problem.  I just don't understand how this would ever have gotten changed in my template file because it's never been an issue for me before.