Chief Stucco + Material Eyedropper?

Designer1

Is it just me or is the Material eye dropper broken when it comes to tinting chiefs sand stucco?  Usually the material eye dropper works like magic on nearly anything from siding to paint. However when I select any of chiefs stuccos, in particular I was using the sand choices, once you apply a color to it, it erases the texture.  I also tried several times to make sure I had the correct "tint" brush roller on and not just applying the color but had the same result.

Is anyone else having this happen?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Is anyone else having this happen

Yes that's how the Chief stuccos behave.

Access the Define Material dialog (many ways to do this- plan materials, wall definition, or click on the wall in 3D using the Adjust Material Definition (rainbow) tool). On the Pattern panel click Material Color and change the color there. It will retain the textured look. Make a copy of it first of you want to keep the original.

This really clears things up for me! I spent over an hour recently, trying to place the stucco color on adjacent wood siding...YouTube, forums, etc. all to no avail. It seemed to me that something so simple would obviously be user error.

I have been vindicated!

Thank You