Roof tie-in ideas sought

madcowscarnival

Hey all,

I'm trying to put together a very quick and dirty ortho for a builder I know.  He has some owner's working towards additions on each end of their in-ground house and I'm trying to get them a little visualization while builder and own er are trying to get some professional designers involved.  The main body of the house is existing, with gables sticking out of the front.  Garage addition on the right is pretty straightforward.  I have no idea on the left how to add a ~12'-15' extension then tie in the roof and have it "look" good.  2nd file is with a porch extension and a shed roof extending to the face of the gable, but the tie-in at the fascias is strange.

If anyone has some thoughts or ideas to share, I certainly appreciate it.  I haven't added in a saddle roof for the dead valley, just working on an idea at this point.  Thank you all.

Untitled 1.plan Untitled 2.plan

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Without seeing more of the design and knowing what is there makes it difficult.

1.) Probably a redesign on that end may be needed.

2.) Remove the gable from that bump out and change to a shed roof that changes with the angle.  But hard to tell without knowing what is what and what the layout looks like.

Thanks Gary, had not thought of extending the main body away from that gable.  Solves several issues at once.

Appreciate the note on moving forums Solver.  Had forgotten about the chatroom.  Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I can do that from the original post.  Mods feel free to move.