Door Schedule 3D Elevation View

SidneyH

Go to solution Solved by rgardner,

Hi, I am having trouble figuring out how to add elevation views of doors to my schedule layout page. I know how to add them to the schedule itself in its own column but would prefer to have them to scale below the schedule as they are in the example attached. Any idea on how to get these onto my layout page? I am using Chief Architect X12. Thanks in advance 

-Reeves

1813392970_CADoor-WindowScheduleexample.thumb.png.60c4b4795814970b71e747008046d6fe.png

• Solution

Many ways to do so:

1.) Take a Wall elevation and annotate.  Send to layout and crop out doors/windows.

2.) Take a Wall elevation and annotate. Then create a cad detail from view and delete un-necessary info/items.  Send to layout.

3.) Combination of 2 and then save to your library as a cad detail of sorts and place in your plans with the size/type of doors needed.  Send to layout.

The best plan is to open the layout file for that particular sample plan, then investigate those layout boxes to see what was done in that file. You can 'reverse engineer' it that way to replicate the process. They are probably a CAD detail.

Have you downloaded the sample plan files?

2 hours ago, rgardner said:

Many ways to do so:

1.) Take a Wall elevation and annotate.  Send to layout and crop out doors/windows.

2.) Take a Wall elevation and annotate. Then create a cad detail from view and delete un-necessary info/items.  Send to layout.

3.) Combination of 2 and then save to your library as a cad detail of sorts and send to your plans with the size/type of doors needed.

Thank you so much ill give that a try.