new computer

Bob-Roraback

I have had a new computer on order from Dell for two months now. They have twice not met their own shipping date projection 

because of a lack of the Nvidia RTX 3080. I am considering cancelling the order but I do not want to do so without alternate plan in place.

I have owned X 13 since its release date but have yet to experience its magic because my current computer does not have the proper 

video card. Can anyone suggest another manufacturer that actually has human beings that you can talk to prior to ordering to find out  if

they actually have the components that are needed before you place the order. Thank you, Bob

Man I hate to hear this. I ordered my dell alieneware with the 3080 in mid December. They gave a January 26th 2022 arrival date but I received it two weeks earlier than they estimated. What does your order status look like? Mine sat in order phase for weeks but once it went into production it was here in no time. I have had good luck with HP'S just so you know to keep them in mind.

Also, I quit calling businesses. The world we live in today, no one actually answers, just automated calls. The TRICK I learned is the chat button on their website. You will get a human in seconds to chat with, no wait time. Atleast that is how it is for me.

12 minutes ago, Bob-Roraback said:

Maybe I am old fashioned and naive, but I just don't understand why they would not make me aware of this when I placed the order.

There is no integrity in business anymore.

I agree. Salem, CT location? I have in laws that live in Putnam, CT. Right near you.

On 1/30/2022 at 12:23 PM, Bob-Roraback said:

I have owned X 13 since its release date but have yet to experience its magic because my current computer does not have the proper video card. 

I'm not sure how decent your current processor is but if  you are willing to wait with a fairly decent one the CPU 3D Ray Trace is essentially the same picture however it takes an hour to two hours to process - about 35 cycles for outdoor and 50 for indoor - whereas the video card will do it in about 1 minute.   

It is a shame the 3D function doesn't take advantage of the numa processing as far as I can tell on a decent video card without RT tech.