1 Room With 2 Foundation Types

plannedRITE

Happy Friday everyone,

I swear I had figured this out on a prior project but I can't find which one it was.

I've got an addition that I am currently working on. The existing space is floor framed with a basement below but we are enclosing a portion of the patio and extending out the kitchen. The new portion is slab on grade. I can't seem to get this single room to have part of the foundation as the existing framed floor and the new to be slab on grade!

The addition's foundation has the floor height below the framed floor thickness, which I do understand seeing that the floor thickness is set for the room. But is there a way to make this work other than using a room divider above that foundation split?

Thank you!

File:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PkD-mcRCqJ01LCDqnuLiGvt0BQ3baLni/view?usp=sharing
image.thumb.png.3056c67c402237196c0be831a79976c2.png

image.png

43 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Manually adjust the foundation.  Use a room divider at the foundation level, or in the kitchen.  Many ways to accomplish it.

The foundation will not adjust manually, oddly enough. At least no way that I've discovered. Room divider would need to be in the main floor and it'll work fine. I'll have to keep doing that, I just prefer to not have the divider there as it tends to make my plan behave unexpectedly.