Graphics Card

joey_martin

I have this card in a laptop version.  I also have a 3070 laptop as well.  The 3060 machine works very well for me, I just wanted a second computer as my primary with the 3070 as a workhorse and I use the 3060 for a backup and for training purposes.   Either one will produce an RTX image in a matter of seconds, but the 3070 machine is faster.  They are both fast enough that I doubt I would pay a premium for a 3080 or 3090, but that's just me. 

I still have my older hp and it still runs great, but it will not run the latest features on X13, so I bought the new machines to avoid that frustration.  If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

This is my first MSI and it has the RTX 3080 Ti video card and its smoking fast.  My last computer was an alienware Aurora R3 with two Nvidia GTX 580 cards and it lasted well through X12 totally reliable and really fast for old school tech. My recommendation is to call several custom computer builders and ask about the pros and cons of different manufactures.  Thats what I did and they all recommended MSI, so I figured Id try them out once and see if I like it.

Both of my new machines are from MSI and the 3070 is a bit faster than the 3060, but it also has a better cooling system due to the high-end gaming use it was intended for.  I have not found any features in Chief that work any differently in either setup.

I purchased from Costco Online, and there were models available online that were not available in the warehouse stores.