Roof Help Please

omartinjordan

I'm a new user and sure could use some help fixing the roof on the attached file aournd the front of the house.  I have a pic in the file itself but the house plan can be found below.  I am using Chief Architect Premier 5.  I feel like I am close to having it correct but I think it is an issue with attic walls.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Also how you fixed it!

http://www.houseplans.com/plan/1997-square-feet-3-bedrooms-2-bathroom-french-country-plans-2-garage-32279

House plan 424-60.plan

Well, my builder is soon to be purchasing the plans but I would like to draw it up so I can look at furniture placement and such to see if I would like to change anything.

Probably a breach of copyright until you actually purchase the plans.

Are you kidding me? Beach of copyright? The plan is posted on the internet. I am not recreating the plan to build from or resale. If you don't want to help that's fine. Move on and quit reading the post.

As for Bfogarty, the user above deleted the roof plans I had created and used the auto build tool. I don't need help with auto build since its pretty simple to use.

Is there anyone that can actually solve a problem with this software other than grammar police and lawyers?

Are you kidding me? Beach of copyright? The plan is posted on the internet. I am not recreating the plan to build from or resale. If you don't want to help that's fine. Move on and quit reading the post.

As for Bfogarty, the user above deleted the roof plans I had created and used the auto build tool. I don't need help with auto build since its pretty simple to use.

Is there anyone that can actually solve a problem with this software other than grammar police and lawyers?

ain't you a pistol?  

I do appreciate people helping me. I think I stated that with the first guy that actually looked at the problem and tried to help. The auto build roof command doesn't produce what I need. The other guys are the ones that got smart. I am not an architect or builder and have no intention of doing anything illegal with the plan. I just want to have a good visual of the house I plan to build so I can look at how I want to do things to it.

A faulty plan will produce a faulty roof - and if you only want the model to look at furniture placement or layout, why do you need the roof for? anyways.....the roof is pretty simple, a front to back MAIN ridge, all other roofs basically SIT on the main front to back hip roof -

I manually fixed the problem you had there and manually changed the layout on the right side of it. I didn't look at nothing else, just fixed what you asked for. With that roof layout, you have to add a cricket to divert the water from the front gable valley, I'm sure you can figure that out.

I agree with Raul, something is off on your plans, could be ceiling elevations, etc. I would check that.

With that said, you need to relax a little, people are very helpful here and there is no reason to cup an attitude, if someone expressed theirs concerns, chew on it and move on, don't make it personal.

Good luck

Thanks so much. I agree that something is probably wrong with the plan. I think I messed something up trying to do it myself. For some reason I'm missing a wall on the side of the middle gable. I may try to just start over and see if I can use what you fixed as a guide. I'm still new to this program so I have probably screwed up something.

I don't see anything wrong with the plan. I hardly ever use the auto roof option since it is usually not as accurate as what I am wanting. I added the wall in the attic that you were missing. It takes a while to get the hang of so at one point we were all where you are now. You can switch between floors so what I did was go to the attic and turn on the reference display to see where the walls fall below and add the same type wall under the gable as needed.

House plan 424-60.plan