stretching plan with edit area

DianeP

Is there a way to stretch a plan using edit area where you could enter a distance you want the selected are to move?  I have been using the arrow keys on my keyboard to stretch it and it will move it an inch at a time. I need to move 13' in different areas of the house so I prefer not to do it an inch at a time. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Too funny,  I found my own answer.  Use the transform replicate dialog that appears when you select something and then enter the x or y distance you want to move it.  Duh!  I use this dialog several times a day to move things around on elevations.  Don't know why I didn't think of it here.  

4 hours ago, DianeP said:

Use the transform replicate dialog that appears when you select something and then enter the x or y distance you want to move it.

You can also simply drag the selection in the direction you want to go and hit the tab key to enter the exact distance required.

Diane, don't know if you're aware of this, but you can also draw a polyline> shape it around the area you want to move> with the polyline selected, you can hit edit area, then tranform/replicate it the distance you want it to move. All of the area within the polyline will move that distance. Sometimes it's very helpful doing it this way.

On 1/22/2022 at 11:59 AM, tommy1 said:

Diane, don't know if you're aware of this, but you can also draw a polyline> shape it around the area you want to move> with the polyline selected, you can hit edit area, then tranform/replicate it the distance you want it to move. All of the area within the polyline will move that distance. Sometimes it's very helpful doing it this way.

I

did not know this!  Thanks!