Interior and Exterior Wall LF

ACAaron

When working with a client, I may go through 4 - 6 different floor plans to find a final.  In all of them, I need to do a takeoff to put together a budget and I'm trying to find an easy way to get the interior and exterior wall LF.  Ideal world, I could easily determine the LF of New Interior Walls, Existing Interior Walls, New Exterior Walls, and Existing Exterior Walls.  I've tried auto framing the walls and using the materials list, however, I only have the treated fir plate to use to count my LF and it does not distinguish between interior and exterior or new and existing.

I've thought about changing the name of base moulding on the four different options, but the base appears to be controlled by the room, so all four walls have to be the same.

Any suggestions in attaining this?  A macros of some sorts?

Aaron

In addition to the wall schedule, you can also use the Components tab to add a custom Component that will then be reported to the Materials List.  Something like this for example...

pic.thumb.png.663a9c304c5bb51d1a827bf54b71afea.png

This approach is incredibly versatile.  Components can be added to report all sorts of information in just about any format, and can be added just to specific objects when desired .  I suggest adding them at the Default level whenever appropriate.