Is this acceptable? Opinions?

winterdd

My thought exactly on the rain and even a gutter being feasible there......homeowner don't care about it but something is rubbing me wrong about it. It's not common.

I want the gables centered as shown so I guess it is what it is........

image.thumb.png.cf8364eacac366cd43b4cb9c2cc9c201.png

On 1/18/2022 at 1:29 PM, ChiefUserBigRob said:

In the world of home building would this be frowned upon? A valley coming down directly to a corner? Not sure how I feel about this.

image.thumb.png.eddaf084186b44a2ea58470031738bee.png

Generally, I'd move that major roof plan back at least 2'-0" (but only if it would work out with the rest of the house, ie the part we can't see to the left of your image)

3 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Generally, I'd move that major roof plan back at least 2'-0" (but only if it would work out with the rest of the house, ie the part we can't see to the left of your image)

Negative, but I sure wish I could slide it over. Builder said it's not a problem so I am going with that.

On 1/18/2022 at 3:29 PM, ChiefUserBigRob said:

In the world of home building would this be frowned upon? A valley coming down directly to a corner? Not sure how I feel about this.

image.thumb.png.eddaf084186b44a2ea58470031738bee.png

I've seen it done a lot, and done it myself. Not ideal but also not a big deal. Nothing wrong with it except heavy rain will spill over, but that happens at most valleys anyway.

20 hours ago, robdyck said:

Another option to achieve a similar result would be to bump that right gable 2'-0" further out towards the front instead. 

image.png.63b84574c5cfa9fb07f51d8e42467ffe.thumb.png.cc972c1a095163df91c788decc6582ce.png