Which PDF software do you prefer for Windows?

Electromen

I switched to Mac 14 years ago, but I bought a new PC to get the NVIDIA 3080.

Which PDF Editor should I get?  I don't want to pay $15/month to Adobe and I'd prefer not to have a recurring annual fee.  I'd like to buy it outright.

I use things like adding a signature and basic editing, nothing too involved.

On Mac, I was using PDF Expert.

Acrobat moved to subscription a couple years ago.  It's now $200 a year. Essentially 8 times the original price over the course of a few years. I refuse to buy it. The free reader you can add text but cannot do much manipulation. I will convert to image then manipulate then back to pdf if I have to.

Another Bluebeam Revu user, 12 years now. Only upgraded it twice. It's gotten a bit expensive, $350, since then but worth it IMO and only licensed to one machine. I have two licenses- one older than the other. Two things I use often is the ability to measure on an image with a user defined scale, and generate bookmarks for an entire PDF based on areas.

I have TurboPDF (which is a version back of Foxit if you want to see a trial) on a third machine. I got that in a bundle along with TurboCAD deluxe that I got in a bundle currently at $250 for the bundle. The best cheaper option is PDFExchange Pro, $100. Trials are available.

Bookmark areas

image.thumb.png.987ab6e6025c9798c4450a1ea6fa144a.png

I used Bluebeam revu on Mac before the current OS X forced it out as Bluebeam stopped updating as they are bringing out their web portal system for cross platform usage.  It’s a great program and I have heard good things about the PC version as many others above mention.

I'll put in a vote for PDF Architect also.  It's pretty comprehensive for what I need, from basic line markups to object editing (lines, circles, text, etc) (bonus rudimentary dimensions).  It is subscription now, but only $60ish per year (frequent rebates/discounts).  I found BluBeam a little "too" comprehensive, as in a full drafting suite within a PDF editor.  Still use Reader for opening, signing and printing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, madcowscarnival said:

I found BluBeam a little "too" comprehensive

I totally agree with you about BlueBeam. I've used it as an employee before starting my business and use the free viewer occasionally now for an architect that does live markups. It's just too complicated and expensive for basic printing and PDF tasks.