Conversion of Chief Architect 10.08b files to HDP...

Wayn_CA

Hi, everyone!  I'm a sporadic CA user who's just changed out to HDP because I can't justify spending $$$$$ on X12 or X13 for the limited uses I need the s/w for...  Problem is, when I called Chief Architect they told me I could edit .plan files in HDP and I can't without having them 'edited' for HDP use first.  My old (OK, very old) version of Chief (CA Version 10.08b I believe) doesn't appear to have the ability to convert .plan files into a configuration that HDP  2022 can read - in an editable format - so I'm stuck.

I called Chief's technical support and they reiterated that they don't offer this kind of service (which I think they should, considering that I can edit these files in the demo version of HDP but not the full version...) and that in order to open as editable in HDP I'll need to find someone with CA software new enough to read my CA10.08b files and save them as editable in HDP.

SO, do any of you offer such a service for, say, half a dozen older .plan files?  I'd have to dig out my old laptop, fire it up and count the files, but less than a dozen for sure...

OR, if there's a workaround I'm not aware of, please share?!?

To reiterate: I have Chief Architect Version 10.08b as the old platform and HomeDesignerPro 2022 as the new platform and am looking for a way to get old .plan files into editable format on HDP.

Thanks in advance!