Problems replacing backdrop

johnoc

Go to solution Solved by Chopsaw,

It been many years since I used CA or any similar software, so please be patient.

I have got my image into user catalog/my backdrops. When I click on it, then click on the window, it shows up as I would expect.

But when I save and reopen it's gone. I am back with the default blue clouds.

Any help appreciated.

image.png.6438717f2c65998a8eda380d6ce06b6d.png image.png.52f46bf3ff552fa4b710c4b1a0a38501.png

Edited by johnoc
add image

It looks as though those backdrops are project specific so you will want to save them to the specific cameras they are being used with.

Otherwise there are also plan defaults for each type of camera.  If you want to have those stay the same every time you open a new file the file would need to be saved as a template file after all the defaults are set the way you want them.

Layers upon layer of possible customizations. 

13 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

so you will want to save them to the specific cameras they are being used with.

Otherwise there are also plan defaults for each type of camera

Thanks.

I have just spent @ 90 minutes trying to find more info on the above options. (too many menu options i think :rolleyes:, and failed to find the solution in the help files.). 

No luck I'm afraid.

Would it be possible to get more specific (i.e. idiot proof) instructions ?

Sorry to be a pain.

• Solution
2 hours ago, johnoc said:

Thanks Maureen , ideally though saving them to the specific cameras they are being used with, is I think a better option for me (if I can discover how to do it.)

For each camera be sure to "save" it and go to the Backdrop tab of the DBX (Dialogue Box) apply your custom backdrop and it will stick.

image.thumb.png.978c53cfa2b2ed944d90d7acfd3f5a27.png

When you are ready to explore Plan Defaults click this tool: 1529485178_PlanDefaultstool.JPG.091152d9ced79aeab7a2cab2f151f02b.JPG

• Upvote 1

Thanks Chopsaw and all for your help.

I went edit/default settings/camera tools/full camera/edit/backdrop/select backdrop, to select my file.

Then I went OK/done.

It seems to be sticking.

But it's showing in the other windows as well now ...............

1 hour ago, johnoc said:

But it's showing in the other windows as well now ...............

Ok it looks like you dove right into Plan Defaults which will effect every new "Full" camera you open in the plan file.

If you want to change the backdrop for an existing saved camera just use the Edit Active View tool image.png.90b0e84438a59228ecdc7f4e1345c717.png when you have the view open.

Or you can also select the camera in plan view and use the Open Object tool 1778591120_OpenObjecttool.JPG.16092b0446700908f8cccd9ff4b2e0d4.JPG to get to the same place.

That will get you to the "Specifications" for each specific camera.

Notice in the clip of the DBX I posted above it says "Specifications" and not "Defaults".

P.S.  You can place and X in front of the 13 in you signature for clarity since there was another whole series of versions before the X was introduced.

On 1/11/2022 at 12:41 AM, Chopsaw said:

Ok it looks like you dove right into Plan Defaults which will effect every new "Full" camera you open in the plan file.

My well known "bull in a china shop" style  :D

If you want to change the backdrop for an existing saved camera just use the Edit Active View tool image.png.90b0e84438a59228ecdc7f4e1345c717.png when you have the view open.

Or you can also select the camera in plan view and use the Open Object tool 1778591120_OpenObjecttool.JPG.16092b0446700908f8cccd9ff4b2e0d4.JPG to get to the same place.

That will get you to the "Specifications" for each specific camera.

Thank you again. That is indeed easier.

Notice in the clip of the DBX I posted above it says "Specifications" and not "Defaults".

I do now!

P.S.  You can place and X in front of the 13 in you signature for clarity since there was another whole series of versions before the X was introduced.

Done.

Thanks again.

...and now on to my next problemette.

I will post in the next hour, if you are about???