Easy way to turn off railing on only two sections of stair?

Christina_Girerd

I'm trying to input an existing staircase for an odd historic home.  I want to get rid of the railing on the left side of the staircase for just the first two sections which I crossed out in the image, but leave the third/top section left railing.  I looked in the manual about trying to use the break tool and complete break tool, but when I tried it I kept getting odd mini-stairs etc.  I've never had to do this before and I'm really surprised there isn't a way to select one section of stair and adjust the railings per that segment, just by using the stair spec dbx.  I don't need this enough I will bother to post the plan, but mostly just curious if I missed some easy way to do this. 

2022 01 Stair Railing.JPG

I wonder if the sections against the wall are touching the wall? Try turn railing at wall off. Leave the left railing on. Also have you tried checking "ignor sub sections" ? Not at my computer currently,  will test later. 

It may be an option to draw the upper section from the 2nd floor down using alt key. Adjust manually from there.