Impeding Roofs

HarrisReno

This is what happens when an interior designer ventures outside. I apologize ahead of time for my extreme lack of knowledge. I have a house (plan is attached) with multiple roof issues. To avoid asking more questions than I should in one post, I’ll break this into a couple posts.

First, how do I stop the roof from effecting the inside of the house. In the attached image, you see that the eaves (I think that part is called the eaves…?) are jutting into the house. Also, the shed roof is causing part of the ceiling to slant, but I want the entirety of the inside to maintain a 9’ ceiling height.

Over the years of using Chief Architect, I know I have seen tutorials that address these issues. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the fix, nor can I track down the tutorial(s) that contains the information.

Thank you in advance for the help!

ImpedingRoofs.zip

So sorry, Solver! I put the image in the zipped file. I was very unclear about that in the way I worded it. Doug Maddox fixed my file for me in my other post, so the "impeding roofs" issue is resolved. Thank you for pointing out my confusing message.

Oh my gosh! I cannot thank you enough! That was so eye-opening! I have to admit that I have recreated this plan a dozen times, but I mess the roof up so much, I just start over. I will be more diligent with Auto Roof Builder, for sure! I'm so excited! Thank you!