W plot lines and color fill selected still getting blurry elevations. Help!!!!

JGHArchitecture

Holy Cow this looks like a complicated project.  Not just for the design, but the construction as well.  As for the blurry image, have you updated your PDF printer drivers?  Are you using the native CA=> PDF exporter?  I use Kofax Power PDF Advanced as my PDF tool of choice (it creates PDFs, edits PDFs, allows signatures, converts PDFs to MS documents etc.  I don't experience this problem using that application.  

Mybe you should post the plan file. The actual PDF output file, and, just beating Solver to the punch here, fill out your signature so that other members can see what version of CA you are using, your hardware, OS etc.   It helps us to further diagnose problems and offer better solutions, or (shudder) work-arounds. 

Once those are 'broken' they rarely can be repaired. I'd suggest you try to resend that view to layout using your desired settings and see if the new view in layout has the same issues.

I'd experiment on a new layout page before I replaced that one.

40 minutes ago, JGHArchitecture said:

As the title says. with plot lines and color fill selected still getting blurry elevations in my layout file and when I create pdfs. What am I doing wrong??? can't seem to figure it out!!!! Help. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 12.32.13 PM.png

I see this happen with myself if I modify/strecth the terrain after sending my views to layout. Sounds weird but I have nailed it down to that,

You might want to try deleting the layout box and resending the view.  

This is kind of a sledgehammer solution but it can often fix a wide variety of layout problems.  It's hard to tell by just looking at the small picture but it looks like the color fill is somehow offset from the plot lines.  This can sometimes mean that the data saved with the layout box was corrupted in some way.  The simplest and fastest way to correct this is just delete the box and resend the view.  

If the problem happens with a new view sent to the layout box, I would recommend that you report this problem to tech support so that someone can look into this plan more.

Like Rob mentioned, when terrain gets unusually wide, or an errant object is off in the distance somewhere, blurred millwork and fixtures can result. How wide is the terrain? Are there any far away objects which needs to be reeled in so to speak? Something silly like a fixture being placed a few hundred feet away from the model can make this happen. 

And to piggy back onto Dermott's suggestion, a different/new camera can be a remedy. If that works, after sending a new view to layout, all of the line work (CAD) can be copied and pasted into the new camera. Good luck.