Interior Foundation ?

ACADuser

I can get the left footing to look just like the one on the right by just manipulating the p-line to look like anything you want. Sometimes you just can't get everything correct in the model, and have to fix it in the section view.

I still can't figure out how you did that.

Also I often have floating footings (not attached to an exterior wall) and look like this.

You can do this by adjusting the WALL DBX?

You get that by adjusting the footing not the wall.

This is about as close as I can get.

Done automatically with Auto Detail.

I can't get the footing centred under the wall.

Probably easier to do it with cad if you want 2D or solids if you want 3D.

It's not worth the effort otherwise.

Almost perfect. If you add a 250 mm air gap @ 100 mm to the brick ledge. Cant remove the cross section line.

Footings X6.plan

OK, got it.

Well...pretty close.

Ed, I used the brick ledge, but not the extra wall layer.

Tile the section and floor plan and try dragging the dotted footing lines in the plan and see what happens in section - cool. 

I think the only thing wrong is the chamfer on the left hand side of the footing. 

Because the same chamfer setting applies to both sides of the footing.

Footings X6 final.plan

OK, got it.

Well...pretty close.

Ed, I used the brick ledge, but not the extra wall layer.

Tile the section and floor plan and try dragging the dotted footing lines in the plan and see what happens in section - cool. 

I think the only thing wrong is the chamfer on the left hand side of the footing. 

Because the same chamfer setting applies to both sides of the footing.

I do not believe there is a perfect solution to this problem.  I think there are 3 approaches,  Glenn's,  Ed's and Mine.  All 3 have their pluses and minuses.  I think my approach has the fewest number of minuses.

Glenn's approach is interesting.  Note that on level 1,  the floors are not provided by floor below....  thus we have what I call the virtual slab.  Here are his downsides:

1. In plan view level zero,  the step does not show.

2. In floor overview of level zero we do not see slab

3. To show footings for the divider wall on foundation,  we must employ ref sets for the footings.

None of these downsides are killers,  but they are there

Ed's approach employs the use of adding a hybrid wall with an additional layer to get the footing offset.  Downsides:

1. Having to use hybrid wall

2. extra lines in elevation of hybrid wall

My approach is the simplest.  Downside:

1. After cutting a section and auto detailing,  the filled slab closed pline must be manually edited......

the positives are

1. You see step in plan view

2. Floor overview at level zero, the slab is visible

3. No extra lines do to the hybrid wall

Whatever approach you choose,  none of them are perfect....  CA might want to take a look and see if they have a better solution.

EDIT: I MAY HAVE TO BACK OFF MY CLAIM THAT MY APPROACH IS BETTER UNTIL I CAN POST A PLAN.

CHECK OUT GLENNS PLAN....  REVIEW GLENNS FNDTN SCREEN SHOT.....  IN THE FLOOR BOX,  HOW DID HE NOT HAVE "FLOOR SUPPLIED...."  NOT CHECKED AND THE OTHER TWO BOXES ARE CHECKED.

This setting combination has been a mystery to me.

EDS Footings X6 .plan

post-50-0-15046600-1420205877_thumb.png

GLENNS Footings X6 final 3.plan

d dot,

Glenn's approach is interesting.  Note that on level 1,  the floors are not provided by floor below....  thus we have what I call the virtual slab.  Here are his downsides:

1. In plan view level zero,  the step does not show.

2. In floor overview of level zero we do not see slab

3. To show footings for the divider wall on foundation,  we must employ ref sets for the footings.

My solution doesn't use the "virtual floor", it uses a monolithic slab built on level 1.

It is a monolithic slab with "walls with footings" around the perimeter and monolithic slab internally - a "hybrid" concrete slab. 

There is no slab step on level zero because there is no slab on level zero. Just draw a cad line if you need to show the step in the slab ABOVE.

You don't see a slab in a level zero floor overview because there is no slab to see on level zero. Why would I expect to see the slab on level zero when it is on level 1? If it was a timber floor, would you expect to see the floor in a floor overview of level zero? Why should a slab be any different? 

The slab is on level 1 - where it should be.

If you really need to show the level 1 footing on level zero, draw 2 cad lines. 

I think this is what the original poster is looking for.

I've expanded on Glenn's solution; but instead of adding an invisible layer to the wall to create the offset, I've placed an invisible wall next to the the partition wall with it's own footing.

I think that this takes care of any criticism that Scott may have of Glenn's solution.

post-62-0-47958600-1420259957_thumb.jpg

interior slab footing solution.zip

Bill,

My solution didn't use an invisible wall layer or invisible wall.

What you see is what you get.

Glenn,  I am almost with you.  2  questions for you.  I edited your plan by adding an interior wall.  Take a cross section and auto detail,  note how the footing and chamfer looks,  see pic.  Not perfect but easily editable.

Also take a look at my second pic,  how do you get the ROOM SPEC<FLOOR....  "FLOOR SUPPLIED BY THE FOUND"...... is NOT checked but the others are... I cannot get this. 

GLENN Footings X6 EDIT BY DSH 1.plan

post-50-0-78990900-1420292329_thumb.png

post-50-0-20179700-1420292528_thumb.png

BTW ACADALAN,  thanks for the question.  I am dealing with something like this right now.  In the  past,  somehow I have dealt with it,  but i am not sure if what I was doing was the best method.  I think Glenn has the answer,  I just need to fully understand the process.

This is really nothing new.  I believe the folks in the North deal with this all the time,  but me being stuck in mono slab land,  I am not well versed in the process.

Glenn,  maybe if you have time,  you would not mind doing a skype session with me.......  once I get my ducks in  a row,  I will do a vid with the pluses and minuses of Glenn's Method.

....... Take a cross section and auto detail,  note how the footing and chamfer looks,  see pic.  Not perfect but easily editable.

Glenn,  I just took another section and auto detailed MY NEW INTERIOR FOOTING and is auto detailed correctly.

post-50-0-84754100-1420293974_thumb.png

Looks like you got it Scott.

For my taste you need to reduce the foundation thickness on the left wall. It will give a flat bottom & not the inverted top hat look.

See attached 220 on left & 320 on right foundation height.

post-2435-0-74146300-1420295362_thumb.png

Glenn,  I just took another section and auto detailed MY NEW INTERIOR FOOTING and is auto detailed correctly.

d dot,

After placing the new wall and calling it a foundation wall, Chief doesn't seem to build the footing properly straight away. 

You need to Rebuild Walls/Floors/Ceilings or select a room and open and close it's dbx to get the footing to update. 

I also notice that your footing under the wall adjacent to the garage is not centred on the wall above.