Wall connections

msmith964

Go to solution Solved by Michael_Gia,

Hi. I am a new user and am having an issue with an interior wall connecting to exterior wall corner. The interior wall keeps snapping to the intersection of the exterior corner, creating an gap in the drywall. It wont let me manually drag it back. I thought the issue was varying wall heights so I made both rooms the same height and it didn't fix it. I also thought it may have been caused by attic walls so I deleted the roof all together. I also tried the wall connect tool for the exterior walls and that didn't work. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Am attaching pics. Thanks!

ortho.png

plan1.png

There is a setting in the Wall Specifications DBX under Structure that may work if you figure out which end of the wall you are working with.

"Thorugh Wall At Start or End" listed under Wall Intersections.   To figure out the start or end turn on "Show Start and End Indicators" in the Edit section of Preferences.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Michael_Gia said:

Did you try the “Edit Wall Layer Intersections” tool, located on the Edit toolbar?  You can just drag the drywall layer over to cover that up. 

Here is a good article to help…

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00033/adjusting-wall-connections.html

One of the suggestions in this link worked. Thanks!!

Untitled.jpg

• Upvote 1