Setting up a workable, customized Toolbar

jtcapa1

I really hate to admit this, but I'm still using CA's plain vanilla toolbar setup, and after watching a few video's from power CA users, I can clearly see the advantage and time savings in setting up a very custom set of tool bars that would save time over time.

Can you guys point me in the right direction of CA tut's or share images of your best toolbars?

I'm not sure if I am one of those users you mention, but will say that my toolbars are setup so elaborately for the purpose of training. Otherwise I work with nearly no toolbars cept for custom tools I've created which cannot be bound to hotkeys in a traditional way. Other than that I use hotkeys for everything.

20 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

I'm not sure if I am one of those users you mention, but will say that my toolbars are setup so elaborately for the purpose of training. Otherwise I work with nearly no toolbars cept for custom tools I've created which cannot be bound to hotkeys in a traditional way. Other than that I use hotkeys for everything.

Hot Keys for everything? Wow. I don't use a single hot key.  Odd, considering that was the only way I drafted back in the days of AutoCad or early CAD software.

1 hour ago, jtcapa1 said:

Hot Keys for everything? Wow. I don't use a single hot key.  Odd, considering that was the only way I drafted back in the days of AutoCad or early CAD software.

Just as an FYI, Chief allows you to do sequential keys as a single hotkey bind. As in typing "M,C" for "multiple copy" for instance.

Chiefs shortcuts are really quite flexible.

You can use either sequential (up to 4 keys - although I normally restrict myself to 2 keys with a splattering of 3 keys) or simultaneous shortcuts - (which I never use because I can't stand the physical manipulations involved in pressing 2 or more keys at the same time).

Or, you can even do a combination of both, so that in the example above for Multiple Copy, you could use M,C,Shift(hold),W.

This means that you can hit M, hit C, hit and hold Shift while hitting W.

I am not quite sure when you would use something like this, but it is available in needed.