Technique Needed For Matching A Plot Plan

GeneDavis

I have an as-built situation, with a plot plan of the house on paper.  No CAD available.

Have modeled the house in Chief and footprint matches that of the plot plan.  I know how to reproduce the boundary.  My problem is rotating the plot bounds and placing it so the setbacks shown on the plot plan match what is on paper, and getting my north arrow rotation right so the line bearings read true.

See my plot plan, attached.  None of the bounding lines of the plot are parallel to house walls.

Would appreciate any and all tips, or links to how-to videos.

post-55-0-17700100-1419910849_thumb.png

Here's how I would do it:

1. figure out the angle between the side of the house and the 110.00' PL to the left of it. This is basic trig. Since you've got two dimensions to the house that are perp. to the PL (12.2' and 24') the B-side of the triangle is 11.8' (24.0 - 12.2) and the hypotenuse is 24.29'+35.37'. If you can't remember your highschool trig, there are plenty of online calculator that will do it for you

2. place a point marker that coincides with the corner of the back deck by using the 10.0' and 15.4' dimensions to draw lines that are perp to the side and rear PLs respectively. the marker goes at the intersection of those two lines

3. move the polygon and the marker using point-to-point move so the marker is on the corner of the deck. Now place a temporary point directly on the marker. Select the polygon and use rotate about last point to rotate the polygon so the 110' PL is parallel to the side of the house. Then use transform-replicate to rotate the polygon "about current point" the known angle you calculated in step one.

Good luck,

D