Wall wrap

Designer1

Ive seen this issue on and off with different chief versions over the years but cant figure out how to solve it in X13.  If I dont want casing/jamb on this doorway I can take it off but then it shows the wood studs in the wall.  If I add casing/ jamb it removes the base molding.   Im looking for a casing and jamb free doorway with just drywall but I also want the base molding to wrap. I tried just painting the jamb with drywall material but then it makes it even more evident that the base molding is no longer there.

Does anyone know the magic in X13 to get it to work like previous versions?

Casing 1.jpg

casing 2.jpg

3 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Does anyone know the magic in X13 to get it to work like previous versions?

May guess would be you have a 0" thickness Wall layer  eg a paint color in you wall definition and Chief only wraps the outer most layer around the end, so you can't setup walls like Chief sets up Ceilngs by defualt.

Mick.

I tried other walls in the plan and it seems to get the base molding wrapped but you could still see the wood studs in the wall.  I think what I will do is just do edit area all floors and copy and paste the entire plan in a brand new fresh plan because it seems like this one might be buggy and have some inconsistencies already. It must be some wall definitions that are off or something.  

I appreciate all the replies!

I did more testing with the walls and it appears that when I imported wall definitions from x11 it gave me that result. When I recreated most the walls fresh in X13 I didnt get the same results.  I even imported X11 wall definitions in plus created them again in X13 and even if they are identical walls they appear slightly different even in 2d and the x11 walls you can see the studs like in the pictures.  I guess each version that comes out its best to redo all the walls.

Alan, thank you for that idea.  I didnt think of that but thats what Im going to do next time I see that because I cant keep redoing walls with each version.  Thanks for the replies and recommendations!

Hi Glenn,

There arent any issues with X13 as long as you create the new wall types in X13.  The only pictures I have are the ones in my first post and thats with the wall definitions of X11 brought into X13.  I just noticed if I created the same walls in X11 and X13 even in 2d the way the material wraps the wall is a bit different. So I guess Ill just recreate the walls again in X13.

Im actually still trying to test out what the issues might be... maybe its bringing forward old plans into X13 with old wall definitions.  I tried reimporting the wall definitions again and now Im not seeing the stud in the one plan. So I cant figure out what variable is causing it... the old plan brought forward to X13, the old X11 wall definitions brought to X13 or something else.

I dont have much time to keep investing on looking for this so I might just use Alans great idea of turning of stud layer in the camera view just to get a quick fix if I see that happen again.

6 minutes ago, glennw said:

Can you post an image of the problem wall in both X11 and X13?

Chad,

Sorry, I should have been clearer.

Can you post pictures of the Wall Type Definition dbx from each version as they are different between versions.

No problem Glenn.  Actually I tried even copy pasting the plan out of the old x11 plan into a fresh x13 and the problem persisted.  Yet, today when I opened the original plan (the pictures in my first post) the walls look normal and have no issues. So maybe its because I just got this new computer and it was a glitch?  Im not sure but am just going to plug along with the plan and if it persists again I'll update here.  I thought it was the wall definitions yet today the plan that was having issues looks normal so i dont know how to explain that one.

If anything comes up again I'll post more details.  Thanks for the help.:)

14 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I thought it was the wall definitions yet today the plan that was having issues looks normal so i dont know how to explain that one.

Gremlins! They just show their ugly heads when they think you are stressed to the max! If it is any consolation, you are not alone in fighting them; I've had my share!:)

Ok, a different plan and it started to do the see through wall studs.  I tried changing the wall layers from main wall layer to others but it didnt seem to make a difference. Look at how the base molding also wont wrap either.  Last time I closed that plan down and reopened it and the problem went away, this time it persists so I wanted to post as soon as it replicated again.

Thanks in advance!

Example.plan

Thanks so much for the help Glenn!  Yes that was it the stud layers to framing.  Ive never had to change that before so it makes me wonder why in some plans I have that wood showing through the sheet rock when other times I dont?  

I checked chiefs default new plan and the stud layer isnt selected for framing yet you dont see the wood coming through the sheet rock.  Any ideas why this happens occassionally?

Thanks again for finding what the problem was on this... it was really bugging me.  I appreciate all your time and efforts.

Thanks Glenn.  Yeah I have to say Im behind the curve as I just started using x13 a couple weeks ago as I got a new computer that could run it.  I will start to look for some of the new features so I can better get to know the new version.  Thanks again for your insight and help!