what do you like to draw with?

DianeP

3 hours ago, Adam_Gibson said:

Razer makes mice with lots of side buttons. Mine has 12, plus two top buttons in addition to the normal left and right, and the scroll wheel tilts. Every button has a hot key assigned.

I could see this being handy if you could assign wall types to different keys, are you able to do that?  What sorts of things do you assign to your 12 keys?

4 hours ago, robdyck said:

I've got an inexpensive cordless mouse with 2 buttons on the left side and I'm still trying to figure out what they're for! I've got the 2 on top pretty much nailed!

This sounds pretty much the way I am set up only I only have the left and right click and the wheel.

5 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

Logi G602 11 button mouse and a 3d connexxion mouse.
Sometimes I use my iPad with pencil as an extended screen.

Oh these seem interesting and different.  Going to have to find some videos of their usage.  I have a Windows Laptop.  i assume you are working with Mac with the IPad, right?  I don't think it would work with my laptop?

Thanks!

Logitech G 604 wireless 12 button mouse. It replaced a typical 2 button wheel mouse. I would not go back after getting the 604 setup for my preference…I did have issues with the first 604 after a few months but Logitech replaced it with no hassle. 

I tried a couple of other 12 or more button mouses but did not like the ethos as well as the 604…

Regards

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DianeP said:

I could see this being handy if you could assign wall types to different keys, are you able to do that?  What sorts of things do you assign to your 12 keys?

You could do that with macros 
I have mine set to common edit/active toolbar functions

Logitech G600 mouse (lots of programmable buttons

Logitech G13 game pad programmable .   Full 10 key with feet and inch marks and tons of programmed hot keys. (almost never have to use drop down menus)

3Dconnection 3d mouse.

I keep it simple ;).     Amazing how eliminating clicks can speed up productivity.  I draw twice the amount of work I did a few years ago in same time.   Each extra click is a waste ;)

15 hours ago, Adam_Gibson said:

Razer makes mice with lots of side buttons. Mine has 12, plus two top buttons in addition to the normal left and right, and the scroll wheel tilts. Every button has a hot key assigned.

11 hours ago, DianeP said:

For me, the top buttons are for undo, copy, paste, etc. The side buttons are noted in the screenshots. In order to become comfortable with the gazillion buttons, I had a little note taped to the screen for a while. Now it's second nature to use the buttons, jumping to the keyboard a fraction of times compared to previously.

I also mapped a few keys on the keyboard. For example, the "foot" sign (apostrophe) is mapped to the Num Lock key so when entering dimensions, my hand stays over the number keypad.

Everyone has their own preferences. This is what I've gotten used to.

Screenshot 2021-12-23 085108.jpg

Screenshot 2021-12-23 084909.jpg

Screenshot 2021-12-23 084848.jpg

I'm left handed so buttons on the left side aren't usable.  My hands are also smaller so I prefer the smaller sized Logitech.

I used a tablet and pen for many years.  When they introduced varied pressure to the pens, I gave up. I couldn't reduce the pressure sensitivity enough to work in Chief.  I have lots of keyboard shortcuts, and add more as I commit the most used to memory.

4 hours ago, MoeGia said:

I'm left handed so buttons on the left side aren't usable.

Many of the major manufacturers now do left handed Mice including Logitech, Razer, MSI and even Elecom    Google Search

https://www.amazon.com/ELECOM-M-XT4DRBK-Wireless-Trackball-Left-Handed/dp/B016QCPRBM

On 12/22/2021 at 1:26 PM, robdyck said:

I've got an inexpensive cordless mouse with 2 buttons on the left side and I'm still trying to figure out what they're for! I've got the 2 on top pretty much nailed!

They are usually for Forward and Back In your Browser.

I use Finger Trackballs, (vs thumb operated as I had RSI years ago in my thumb ) , I have an Older Logitech but it is no longer available,

but am now using several different Elecom Products including the Huge ( large hands ) and the Deft on my laptop.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/1B2F1D2D-21FC-49FD-A8A0-8562EC58FB3D?ingress=2&visitId=d1f31b1f-815c-474d-8f8a-5a0a7e8a35fa&ref_=ast_bln

Mick.

FWIW; another trackball user here. Thumb type Logitech for years when I got CTS. A few years ago I switched to Elecom Ex-G Pro, 10 programmable counting the 2 tilt of the scroll wheel that I don't use a lot. (favorite button is assigned to apostrophe + space for entering feet). I use hotkeys for most things instead of icons.

Switched my keyboard this year to a 75% low profile Keychron K3 and a number pad on the left, me better desk space. Most hotkeys are two key, though I left some of the single key defaults. The most used are one handed on the left side of the board or combined with mouse buttons.

I keep an spreadsheet with 3 sheets, one with all shortcuts alphabetical by 1st key, 2nd is color coded into groups, 3rd is the most used ones or newer ones I need to learn. That spreadsheet is called up with a keyboard shortcut defined in Windows. I have 3 dozen user defined keys in windows for other programs needed often. Those I keep listed (and color coded) in a wordpad document along with the standard Win keys. The WP doc was made as RTF as a table then changed to .wri so it opens fast, also with a keyboarded.