Curved Cabinets

BruceKC

I can see some pretty straight lines there in the cabinets or at least the back panels.  

Definitely a curved custom countertop but that is pretty straight forward.

No point in spending tens of thousands extra unless that is exactly what the client wants.

It looks to me like 4-5 straight sections with a curved top.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

I can see some pretty straight lines there in the cabinets or at least the back panels.  

Definitely a curved custom countertop but that is pretty straight forward.

No point in spending tens of thousands extra unless that is exactly what the client wants.

It looks to me like 4-5 straight sections with a curved top.

Its pretty quick to make honestly. Took me maybe 8 minutes
image.thumb.png.ff3a4a503ee57e659435c4f3f0e1a57e.png

1 minute ago, Renerabbitt said:

Its pretty quick to make honestly. Took me maybe 8 minutes

Yes I understand and appreciate that Rene.   The problem is there is quite a distinct difference between "making" something and "drawing" something.

The posted image creates quite a dramatic effect without using curved cabinets is my other point.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

The problem is there is quite a distinct difference between "making" something and "drawing" something.

Aha! I didn't pick up on the distinction. Yes, hard sell to convince my cabinet quy to touch that. He happens to be right here next to me. Says he would used premade bowed doors as rear panels.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

Says he would used premade bowed doors as rear panels.

Yes I think it could look better than the example by doing that. :)  The example appears to be 48" straight panels mounted on a wall to support the upper bar top but cutting that down to 24" and curving it would help create the illusion.  Not quite sure what they did on the inside as you can't see much more than the water faucet neck but the back of those cabinets would be completely hidden anyway.