Anyone know if X14 will be on time 2-1-22

DRAWZILLA

I normally get that email about a month before the 1st time , they now allow you to buy multiple years at once, with a 5% discount, so I did this time figuring that Chief is raising prices on everything it seems including Training come the New year so it will save me a bit more than 5% long term.

You are as hopeful / optimistic as Larry :) , X13 was only fully released <6months ago and still has issues..... I'm not expecting Beta till then to be honest, not that I wouldn't love to see X14 without the issues of X13 .... but I think CA is finding out the hard way you shouldn't name things with a 13 in them as it seems that old superstition has come home to roost.

Hopefully X14 Updates will concentrate on making doing ConDocs easier / more productive while the 3D Team "Fixes" the new 3D engine that doesn't seem ready for  Prime Time.

Mick.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

you shouldn't name things with a 13 in them as it seems that old superstition has come home to roost.

For sure! Remember Autocad R13? It was horrible! I was so glad when R14 came out. Maybe X14 will work well - right out of the box! I can wish can't I?:D

My SSA is due Jan. 6.  I contacted support to let them know that I have new credit card numbers.

They want to to call Sales.  Why is there no way to update my account online?

I don't want to stop working Monday thru Friday, call, be put on hold and have to read numbers over the phone.

I should be able to do it now, Sunday afternoon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, Electromen said:

My SSA is due Jan. 6.  I contacted support to let them know that I have new credit card numbers.

I don't want to stop working Monday thru Friday, call, be put on hold and have to read numbers over the phone.

EXACTLY

50 minutes ago, Electromen said:

Well, I just did it this Sunday afternoon. You go into your account and place the renewal order using PayPal or any other card. It's pretty easy. What's stopping you?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Richard_Morrison said:

Well, I just did it this Sunday afternoon. You go into your account and place the renewal order using PayPal or any other card. It's pretty easy. What's stopping you?

CA says it's an automatic renewal.  It's due in less than a month.

I sign in, hit renew and get the message

"

A customized quote is not currently available for your SSA renewal.

If you would like to learn more about the status of your SSA, please e-mail or call Sales at 208-292-3400.

36 minutes ago, Electromen said:

If you would like to learn more about the status of your SSA, please e-mail or call Sales at 208-292-3400.

I see this message if I try to access the renewal from the main upgrade page. However, I got to the correct SSA Renewal page from the Digital Locker under "My Account." There was a "Renew Your SSA" button on the right hand side which worked fine. If you go to the Digital Locker, and still get the "A customized quote is not available" message, then I guess you have no option but to talk to Sales on Monday. 

2 hours ago, HumbleChief said:

I'm guessing Chief will get back to a February release eventually but not after a June 2022, August 2023, October 2024, and a December 2024 release. Just sayin'

Chief did tell us when X13 got released, X14 would be on time.

Hello all chief users,

Was told by sales about a month ago that X-14 might be released in the Spring 2022 as was told by sales that in November private beta has not yet started for x14. However they might be doing in house beta. Sales could not share specifics with me when private beta would start. Sorry for the bad news for those looking forward to the release in Winter 2022. Should say early 2022.

Dominic

Edited by Dominic900
Error release date winter 2022

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2021 at 12:23 PM, DRAWZILLA said:

just got my SSA renewal, went to pay it but apparently it wasn't ready to pay yet, so I was wondering if X14 will be available 2-1-22 as usual except for last year.

I was just emailed that the releases is slated for --Quote -- Version X14 is projected to release in the spring/summer of this year. So like last year we pay for an upgrade we cant get our hands on, it should be pay when available

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 12/19/2021 at 2:03 PM, Electromen said:

That is STILL the case this is the message I get when trying to get the SSA online. --

41 minutes ago, egronske said:

I was just emailed that the releases is slated for --Quote -- Version X14 is projected to release in the spring/summer of this year. So like last year we pay for an upgrade we cant get our hands on, it should be pay when available

You get a lot more than just upgrades with SSA, plus, no one says you need SSA to upgrade.  There's no reason you can't just wait till they release new versions and then pay the upgrade fee at that time.

On 12/18/2021 at 10:41 AM, Kbird1 said:

I normally get that email about a month before the 1st time , they now allow you to buy multiple years at once, with a 5% discount, so I did this time figuring that Chief is raising prices on everything it seems including Training come the New year so it will save me a bit more than 5% long term.

That's interesting. I received the email about contacting Sales regarding long term purchasing. So I responded accordingly by email and phone mentioning that and they responded only offering to help me with my annual renewal.

41 minutes ago, SH_Canada said:

i responded by email and did not hear back. good to know its 5% discount. Is it 5% of todays SSA for as many years that you want to purchase?

It was back in Aug.    it was still $525 yest. when I checked....

I did it via Email and Paypal with Stephanie-AT-chiefarchitect.com

M.

19 minutes ago, SH_Canada said:

so can you buy it at $525*0.95 for as many years as you want?

That's what I was told as I asked about a better discount for 3 or 4 or 5 yrs and She said no 5% whether 2yrs or 5yrs....

but I would get on it quick as it is no longer $525 it seems :( 

M.

yes 525 ended Feb 1. given it went to 595, an increase of 13%, and if that continued every year, getting it for $499 is a good deal comparatively as that would be less than the cost of borrowing (around 5%). i.e. to borrow $500 a year would cost roughly $25 per year so even if the 13% was a one time for the next three years, it would be $500+$525+$550= $1575 compared to 525+595+595=$1715 for the best case scenario

6 minutes ago, SH_Canada said:

yes 525 ended Feb 1. given it went to 595, an increase of 13%, and if that continued every year, getting it for $499 is a good deal comparatively as that would be less than the cost of borrowing (around 5%). i.e. to borrow $500 a year would cost roughly $25 per year so even if the 13% was a one time for the next three years, it would be $500+$525+$550= $1575 compared to 525+595+595=$1715 for the best case scenario

Hopefully they will honor the old price if you ask nicely tomorrow.... 1v1 Training went up 20% too

M.