Exposed wall layers when raising a room ceiling

jmsisco

Attached is the reduced size file.  While I was deleting all of the plan extras, I discovered that the tray ceiling in the Dining room is related to the problem.  When I delete the tray ceiling in the dining room, the upper portion of the wall generates correctly on the dining room side, but still does not generate by the invisible wall near the staircase.    

CHIEF HELP - Invisible Walls and Raised Ceiling.plan

I have the same situation in the plan I'm working on right now. I need to take a section view (facing the attic wall from the side of the lower ceiling), then drag the bottom of the attic wall down until it snaps to the top of the drywall.

The walls on (assumed) the main floor will automatically find the highest ceiling. This causes the bottom of the attic wall to match that height. Select the main floor wall, Structure tab, checck Stop at Ceiling Above.

This should cause the main floor wall to stop at the first available celling (the lower one) and the attic wall will automatically follow.

Cross your fingers!

9 minutes ago, jmsisco said:

I am still trying to manipulate the staircase wall and drag it down.

From inside the living room, take a camera or section view looking at that wall. Select it with a single click. Drag the lower vertical edges from right to left.

Hello again - By the way, this is not John you have been talking to, I'm his wife, Evan.  He knows a lot more about the technical aspects of drafting than I do.

It is working now, I drug the upper wall down, converted to a pony wall so the material would show correctly.  There was a gap between the two upper walls that would not meet for a long while, but is has now resolved - I'm not sure what I did to fix that.  Thanks for tackling this with me!